CRI Summer Leadership Academy (Virtual) Series
CRI’s Summer Leadership Academy provides top accounting students with the opportunity to learn more about the accounting profession, experience “life as an accountant,” and the steps they can take to ensure a successful career.
The virtual Summer Leadership Academy series boasts a robust curriculum of topics relating to the accounting industry, such as tips for a successful transition into a career in public accounting, leadership, and inclusion. This series kicks off on June 3, 2020, and will run through July 29, 2020, with a 90-minute virtual session each Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EDT. This season, we are thrilled to present sessions led by members of the AICPA, CRI partners, and other industry leaders.
The objectives of Summer Leadership Academy are to: gain an understanding of trends in public accounting, prepare to begin a career in accounting, learn more about CRI and the vision of our firm, and of course, have some fun!
During Summer Leadership Academy, students can expect:
- Virtual networking opportunities with CRI leadership
- Q&A panels with CRI’s staff and senior accountants
- Discussion of trends in accounting and a look forward to the future of the profession
- A behind-the-scenes glimpse into campus recruiting
- Tips for success when launching your career
This year, these CRI locations will host tailored networking sessions:
- Atlanta, GA
- Birmingham, AL
- Enterprise, AL
- Nashville, TN
- Regional: Central Florida (Orlando)
- Regional: North Florida (Tallahassee)
- General: all other CRI locations
Participating students should meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an accounting program either as an undergraduate or master’s candidate.
- Classified as a rising junior or senior
- Personally and academically motivated
- Distinguished in the classroom, on campus, and in their communities
CRI Summer Leadership Academy space is limited and filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Schedule–2020 CRI Summer Leadership Academy
Tentative Topics By Date (subject to change):
- June 3 – (11:00 a.m. EDT) – Firm Overview
- June 10 – (11:00 a.m. EDT) – State of Public Accounting
- June 17 – (11:00 a.m. EDT) – Day in the Life Panel
- June 24 – (11:00 a.m. EDT) – Backpack to Briefcase: Landing a job in accounting and making the transition from student to professional
- July 1 – (11:00 a.m. EDT) – The CPA Exam: How to Best Prepare to Pass
- July 8 – (11:00 a.m. EDT) – Leadership Panel
- July 15 – (11:00 a.m. EDT) – How to Mentor and Be Mentored
- July 22 – (11:00 a.m. EDT) – Meet the Clients
- July 29 – (11:00 a.m. EDT) – Next Steps
- Networking Session Times TBD
*Out of an abundance of caution and concern for our presenters, team members, and attending students, we have decided to transition our in-person Summer Leadership Academy events to a virtual series for 2020. Thank you for your understanding.
Questions? Contact us at careers@CRIcpa.com