Download the slide deck.
2:00 – 4:00 PM CDT
During this session, we will examine fraud case studies to highlight key risk factors, what to look out for, and how to mitigate fraud risks. We will also examine the uses and benefits of internal audit departments and their impact on internal controls. Additionally, attendees will:
- Gain an increased understanding of fraud risks,
- Learn ways to mitigate fraud risks,
- Understand the role of internal audit departments,
- Identify the benefits and uses of an internal audit department, and
- Understand the impact an internal audit department can have on internal controls.
Who should attend? Anyone in a governmental accounting or finance department that has received (or is likely to receive) federal grants or anyone who is responsible for managing governmental assets or has access to process and authorize transactions on behalf of a government.
Glenn Gillyard, CPA, CFE, CFF, Partner – CRI Destin
Rob Broline, CPA, CCA, Partner – CRI Melbourne
Ben Kincaid, CPA, CFE, Senior Manager – CRI Destin
Mark Smith, CIA, CFE, CRMA, Manager – CRI Bradenton
Participants will earn 2.0 hours of CPE credit in the Accounting (Governmental) field of study. There are no prerequisites; no advanced preparation is required. The webinar offers intermediate program level CPE through Group Internet Based delivery method.